19 August 2007

Slow to Anger

I was supposed to shoot with Frankie this morning, but he didn't show up at 9:30 as planned. I just looked over at my calendar to see if maybe I had the day or the date wrong, or the time wrong-- sometimes I get all upset about something and it turns out I am wrong, just totally wrong. I am the jackass, the dumbass! I don't mind admitting when I am wrong. But no-- it was this morning, our date, the plan, the date, the day, the time. My time, in as much as one can own time, which one can't (that is, unless you buy a piece from Calico Jack!) So-- nothing-- and planning to shoot affects my sleep. It's not that I don't get any, but the day ahead definitely affects my dreams. I would be mad, but I am worried. I have to be worried, not mad because I don't know if anything might have happened to him/her that might have prevented him/her from making the rendezvous. It is dark today. So dark. It is making me feel kind of creepy. I hope everything is okay. One nice thing about not getting mad now, but later, is that there is always a time for anger. But sometimes if you wait, you realize that it's not worth your time and effort anyway. The ship has sailed, and you realize that not only are you glad you aren't on it, you are much better off reading about the ship later, and watching the movie of the week.

No comments: