02 October 2007

Review of the Contents of My Post Office Box Today

I hadn’t checked my P.O. box for a few days, and I expected it to be overflowing, but there was just ONE THING: a recipe for "Crawford's Swedish Gingersnap Cookies" --on a postcard --from WMSE’s Tom Crawford, no doubt.

This is essentially a cookie recipe. I guess I could go on and on here about how much I hate cookies, and how much I hate the WORD cookie, and how I think that the idea and concept of the COOKIE is pretty much taking over our world, ruining our way of life, and is pretty much, when you come down to it, I feel, the symbol of the end of all civilization.

This particular recipe, however, is interesting because of the ingredient "3/4 cup bacon fat"-- listed as the first ingredient! I think that this recipe is all about using BACON FAT in the place of lard, vegetable shortening, or butter. This is really kind of exciting to me. I think, even, if it wasn't for the inclusion of "The Evil Grain," I would be at home right now whipping up a batch or these fuckers.

No comments: